Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Euro 2008 draw

I know I'm late, but its always better late than never.

Netherlands
Italy
France
Romania

The whole point to have pots is to avoid situations like this. You will be considered lucky if you are not placed in Pot 1 before the draw. And believe it or not, the best qualifiers gets to be in pot 1.

Does this mean do what Germany probably did, not do so well when they already qualified and make sure they end up in pot 2 to avoid groups like these?

This group will be one for the fans, and I would love to see Romania topping it. I expect a lot of draws so 1 win and not losing is crucial for further advancement.

Truthfully, Italy and France have not been at their best, and this Dutch squad I would classify as weak compared to their seniors from the past. Romania is on good form lately, so don't count them out just yet.

We'll see what happens next summer.