Thursday, October 4, 2007

Liverpool 0 Marseille 1

Honestly, what can I say?

I woke up at five thirty and refreshed Livescore.com and found this scoreline.

Liverpool losing in a home game? Everyone expected a win. After a draw with Porto, a win here would be good. And its a home game, we expect to get all 9 out of 9 points in the 3 home games. No excuses really.

I didn't watch the match, so I really can't say much about it. All reports saying that it was Liverpool's worst European night out under Benitez, and stats don't lie, often. Looks like a bad game. So what if the squad was rotated, and Sebastian Leto starting on the left? It doesn't matter, its still a Liverpool squad losing a home game in the group stages.

Liverpool is supposed to be in a group against teams that looked like they will cause a threat but the end story is the other. So far, not too good.

On the bright side, the last time Liverpool lost to a French team, they ended up winning the tournament. And usually 10 points is needed to qualify to the next stage. That means in the next four games, 3 wins are required. As bad as the last 2 games go, 3 wins are highly possible.

On the other UCL matches from last night, I can embarrassedly admit that most of my predictions were wrong.

2 out of 8 matches where correctly predicted. I'm so ashamed.