Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Where are the goals?

I was quite a fan of The beautiful game podcast, but they are not doing any podshows this season, and I would like to carry on their legacy on one of my favourite segments on the show called Where are the goals?

I will do this once a week to showcase a player who should be scoring but isn't.

Our first lucky player to be added in this Wall of Shame would be none other than Andriy Shevchenko.

Let me remind everybody again, that Andriy Shevchenko is once, European player of the year, top goal scorer in the Serie A and a 30 million pounds buy for Chelsea.

Lets forget about last season shall we? Cause there is so much to talk about already.

This season in 5 games, Sheva scored 1 goal, not the kind of stats one like himself would like to have. Not only is he not scoring goals, the Ukrainian is playing at a standard many will not believe that he has a 30 million price tag and earns more than most can imagine.

So Andriy Shevchenko, I've got to ask you, Where are the goals?