Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fantasy UCL

September 19th is the date, and its time for me to pick my squad for my UCL Fantasy game.

Check it out here

I've been participating in this fantasy for years, each time, pushing my luck on a couple of players to shine, and what I really like about this game is the scoring system.

Action Points
For playing in a game 1
For playing at least 60 minutes in a game (includes playing points mentioned above) 2
For each goal scored by your goalkeeper or defenders 6
For each goal scored by your midfielders 5
For each goal scored by your forwards 4
For each goal assist 3
For your goalkeeper conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
For your defenders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
For your midfielders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 2
For every penalty save 5
For every penalty miss -2
For every 2 goals conceded by your goalkeeper or defenders -1
For every yellow card -1
For every red card (includes any yellow card points) -3
For every 3 saves 1
For earning a penalty after the referee adjudges that the player had been fouled 1
For conceding a penalty after the referee adjudges that an infringement takes place in the penalty area that results in a kick from the penalty mark -1

It is clear on what kind of players I should select. Smart idea to put in defenders that can score, or makes crosses, Scoring midfielders, and of course a players from teams that does not concede often. Other important factor would be players with good behaviour. Good to put players that takes free kicks and corners, as they are likely to score assist points. And most importantly, scoring strikers.

Of course you cant have all the stars in the world, you've got a budget to worry about.

Here is my current squad



It was either Cech or Reina. Came down to Cech cause I could only add 2 players from the same team.

Finnan Kromkramp and Cole are wing backs that frequently swing crosses in for potential goals. Vidic is reliable.

Kaka is the most reliable midfielder ever, and I put him captain so his points doubles. Scoring midfielder, creates goals and happens to be in a team that hardly concedes. Gerrard is similar to Kaka in the contribution sense. Great player, and scores. Mendez is someone I put in to cover my budget. Should be reliable enough to play at least 60 mins per game.

Van Piersie is showing his Henry replacement skills, and I gambled Crespo and Vagner Love.

Roux is a keeper to keep my budget intact, never gonna start him anyways, Toulalan is a good backup for a midfielder, and the 2 Steaua players are also there for budget reasons.

Players I would be looking at to add into my squad:

Samir Nasri
Yaya Toure
Kolo Toure - With Arsenal's easy group, they should have cleansheets
Sami Hyypia - Injury to either Agger or Carragher, and I'm getting this guy. He scores goals.
Torres
Van Nisterooy - If Crespo fails

Notice I don't have any Barcelona, Rangers, or Stuttgart regulars, besides a couple of Lyon small fries, its called group of death for a reason.

Feel free to challenge me. My league code is 1750-600