Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My bad.

I just found out I have comments on the preview of Derby County. My bad, I hope you guys are still reading. Anyways, let me paste it here...

There's something about certain newly-promoted clubs and their logos that tell you they're sure to be destined for the drop.


Gravatar I expect a relegation battle but we will survive.

We will surprise a few people, believe me.


Gravatar Irrespective of how well Derby may or may not fare in the much-vaunted Premiership, they finished third in last year's Championship and then negotiating a successful path through the playoffs.

Therefore, they have earned their chance to rub shoulders with the rich, the famous and the arrogant more than anyone else except arguably Birmingham and Sunderland.

Watford too earned their chance to mix it with the big boys, despite the tiresome sneering. What would you do - change the rules to include a means test before teams could step up to the top division, or perhaps just have Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in the Prem and screw the rest?



Choo: I remember the Chris Riggot and Malcom Christie days of Derby when they were still in the Prem. Somehow, I don't consider them as newly promoted, eventhough its been years since they were in the big league, and they really did get promoted recently.

Mike Senger: Glad to see a fan being supportive. :) that's the spirit.

Eddie Sanders: I'm not saying that it is a mistake for Derby to be in the EPL, they might not score a single point all season, and I would still say they are worthy of their position. Yes, they did earn their rights to be there, no doubt, and the EPL is for 20 teams. Maybe only a few can challenge for the title, but it is still 20 teams, meaning top 20 for England. Make no mistake, Derby did enough to ensure that they are top 20. But even the top has a bottom, reality is, 3 teams have to go down. Comparatively with the other teams, Derby is short in talent. But they will have good games, they will fight, and I'm sure their fans will have a great year supporting them. I still think they will be relegated though. I won't change the rules, it is a good system. Having just the top 4 in the league is suicide.

I hope you guys still read footietalk.. hehe