Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Japan Vs Saudi Arabia

So many media anticipation for this match. Japan had quite a run towards the end of the tournament.

ITs the repeat of Asian Cup final 1992. Like 15 years ago, and Japan won. I remembered that match well, the Japanese were the underdogs making their mark in football in front of Asia. And that victory propelled them to where there are now. Not exactly the Brazil or France of football, but at least an Asian Powerhouse, and the world does take notice of Japanese Football. Lead to co-hosting the 2002 World Cup as well.

Wait, that was liki 15 years ago, And I was 5 then? How I know all these crap?

I saw the highlights of the 1992 Asian Cup last week! Dramatic one.

Anyways, Japan Vs Saudi Arabia. Who will prevail?

I'm going to choose Japan for this one.

Why?

No tactical analysis, no player comparison, no history reading. Its just a pure gut feeling. Japan will win.