Monday, August 20, 2007

EPL week 2

I think saikaiball.com said it right.

Liverpool 1 Referee 1.

Okay, I only saw clips, look at stats and read match reports. Let me first say that the Torres goal was really really good.

Then comes the part where Malouda tripped over the ball. 60000 pairs of eyes watching it live in the stadium, millions tuning in at home, and replays to back them, Mr Rob Styles is the only one that saw a foul.

Mr Styles, when a player falls down in front of another player without direct contact, that is not a foul. This game should be won by Liverpool no doubt.

Man City 1 Man Utd 0

When the lights go on, and reality sets in, you shall now all bow to me and say that I was right all along and you should have believed me. Muahaha. As close as Man Utd gets, they are denied by the much better Man City (compared to themselves for the past season). Eriksson's football at its best, not many chances created, a little boring, but can be effective. Worst start for Man Utd, and I believe it could only get worse. Titles are not won or lost in August though.

Another worth mention would be Tony Warner's butter fingers goalkeeping.

At this level, mistakes like that are never forgotten.