Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Rooney out for 2 months


Correct me if I'm wrong, but this has to be the third time, Rooney had a foot injury. This time it is only a fracture, but it would take 2 months to heal and probably another month to get back on form.

I think a lot of people will blame it on the boot, Nike's been defending themselves about this. But seriously, 20% of the players in the EPL is wearing this boot. Half of them got a fractured foot? Broken bone?

Can blame it on pure bad luck, but 3 times in 3 years is a little too common I must say. It comes down to this. Hype. Everyone wants to tackle the player that can win games. And when they do it passionately, no body wants to be Wayne Rooney any more.

Personally I hoped that he would be injured for the rest of the season, causing striking problems for Man Utd, hence ending their title reign.