Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Leto Debuts for Liverpool tonight

One of the reasons I'm writing this post is because I cant sleep.

Sebastian Leto will be handed his Reds debut in tonight's Champions League qualifier against Toulouse.

The young Argentine, who will be 21st birthday next week, starts on the left side of midfield, while Yossi Benayoun patrols the right on his home debut.

Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva could also make his debut after being named on the bench.

This is the line up

Reina, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Agger, Riise, Benayoun, Leto, Sissoko, Mascherano, Crouch, Kuyt.

Subs: Itandje, Finnan, Torres, Alonso, Pennant, Babel, Lucas.

To be honest, I'm a little worried. Liverpool only hold a 1 goal lead, the job is not done and this is a side that will depend on their wings to attack, namely Leto and Benayoun. I have yet to see both perform for Liverpool and I hope it all goes well.

I believe the game will go Liverpool's way as long as they can feed high balls to Crouch. Simple effective game plan that works in European football.

May Leto and Leiva do wonders and shock the world.