Monday, August 6, 2007

Liverpool's Season Preview


I might be a fan but I'll try to have a neutral view on this.

Emblem is not up yet cause I have problems with it putting it up now. So might have it up later.

Okay, its Rafa Benitez's forth season with the club. By right, its about time that this rafalution wins the EPL. I'm not sure if they will this season, but what I and most realistic Liverpool fans expect is a strong challenge to the title.

It comes down to focus. Benitez likes to focus on one tournament. And then uses his superpowers to bring success to the club. In the past, its all about European Glory. Love them or hate them, it was a successful fun. 2 finals in 3 years is no fluke, its no joke. Such achievements can only make Mourinho jealous.

But its about time we have a strong domestic League challenge.

New major signings are heard about everywhere. Fernando Torres, Ryan Babel, Voronin, and Benayoun.

Torres is obviously a gamble. For so much money, everyone expects so much. Make no mistake, gambles do pay off.

Ryan Babel is a very interesting player. I love to watch his progress with Liverpool, Voronin can be a surprise package, and Benayoun is a fringe player, good but not great.

How will they do this season?

I secretly hope Liverpool can win the title this season, but if they start strongly in the first 10 games, Liverpool should have enough quality to push either Man Utd or Chelsea for that valuable second spot. I hope for good cup runs, and cup wins on the way.